Sometimes life can be not so great. That sinking feeling when you just wish things would be as easy as they were when you were teeny weeny. So, for those times, I wanted to help you out. Hopefully these things make you feel as great as you can be.
1. That special song. The way I can’t stop smiling when those special songs come on shuffle. Those toe tapping, memory sparking melodies that have a way of reminding me to be soothed; that the sun will always come out tomorrow. That my Love’s on top. That I’ve got the music in me.
2. The new shoes that put a bounce into your step. Even if they’re second hand, they’re still new to me and make me feel like dancing.
3. Water. Clean fresh water, the most delicious beverage after dancing your socks off and singing you heart out. It’s important to stay hydrated. It encourages clean living; flushing out the toxins and renewing cells. Great for outsides and insides alike!
4. Snuggling with my pets. The feeling of an animal relaxing on you. It’s a pressure unlike any other, I think it’s the weight of their trust. It works for most animals, except of course fish, don’t let a fish relax on top of you. Eww slimey.
5. Coincidences. Like running into a long lost friend on the street. It’s like the universe reminding you how lucky you are, and if you’re gonna miss the opportunity to do it yourself, it’s still gonna happen. Also, hey buddy! Feels great to hear you’re great too.
6. Restaurants with board games. I love games. I am competitive and nothing makes me hungrier than a rousing game of Sorry, Battleship or even Solitaire.
7. Free! It’s great. I like giving and getting gifts, but I love getting anything free- samples of gum? Awesome. Shampoo? Even better. If it’s free, you can pass it this way.
8. Doubling down! By this I mean getting something for spending what I was going to spend anyway. Like Airmiles or HBC points, even multi-purchase cards where my 11th insert product is free. I like a reward system. I like them very much.
9. Sunny days spent outside with the wind whipping through my hair as I glide on my bike. The warmth of the golden light and the soft breeze keeping me cool. The way my shadow looks like she’s dancing with me, not trudging away from me.
10. When people laugh at my joke. That’s great, especially if I didn’t plan it.
11. Anything that glimmers and glints. It’s so fabulously great. Glitter can make a million statements, but the loudest is: Ain’t it Great?!? And yes. Yes, it is.
12. Videos of animals doing funny things. I love it when they do unexpected things. Cats barking like dogs. Birds imitating camera lenses. Dogs wearing glasses. It’s super, and I feel great just thinking about those furry and feathered friends.
13. This blog is great for me. It exercises all my demons. Getting them out and helping me breathe easier. I feel great.
Greatness comes in many forms. I know how hard it can be to feel great all the time, but if you look close enough at all those bits and pieces that make up your daily life, you’ll find great relief in the fact that it can all be great. And if you’re still having trouble finding it, just make a list…or read this one again.