As you may know, my Hubby is coo-coo for Big Blue. He’s idolizes the Kryptonian Boy Scout. The den I am sitting in right now is saturated with S’s. Big bright, yellow S’s that stand for hope. It’s no wonder he wanted to be among he first non-critics to take in all that intergalactic glory. So, late last night we went to the movies and I learned a couple of things.
1. It’s hard to beat up a guy who can punch you so hard you fly through walls.
2. Every planet has environmental issues that can be prevented
3. The Daily Planet is a super place to work, especially with their investigative journalism travel budget
4. Kevin Costner is an awesome Dad
5. I like Russell Crowe as a computer generated ghost
6. A 60% critic rating doesn’t speak as loudly as an auditorium full of fanboys and girls
7. Even people who love Superman can be dinks
8. Don’t throw candy at the movies
9. People still don’t understand the only rule at the movies; which is not to have their cellphones on during the movie. Sheesh- whatever it is, it can wait.
10. Superman is super-duper
11. A cape can’t disguise a sexy bottom
12. Henry Cavill looks great as a soaking wet castaway
13. Henry Cavill looks great lifting heavy things
14. Henry Cavill look great hugging Diane Lane
15. Henry Cavill*insert drool
16. If you’re Lois Lane, you will always have great hair
17. Hans Zimmer is a Mother-Drummer, but I miss John Williams
18. Being bred for a purpose is helpful in achieving that purpose
19. Doing the right thing can be the hardest thing you’ll ever do
20. Fear is the strongest manipulator
21. Alien doesn’t mean evil, it just means different
22. It’s never too late to fight for what you believe in
23. Superman fights for the world, not just America
24. We can’t hide who we truly are
25. The person you choose to become can change the world
26. Sometimes it’s hard to play nice, but it’s better than sacrificing your morals
27. Fighting won’t save you, if the planet is dying
28. The Phantom Zone CAN be a scary place
29. Henry Cavill is super…oh, wait did I say that? I may have been distracted by thinking how hot he is. He just is, okay?
30. Bravery is found among the ashes of adversity
31. Clark Kent ain’t too shabby either
Although this movie is still being weighed by the fan clubs and diehards, I found myself going along for the flight. It was exactly what I wanted in a Summer Blockbuster Hero flick. Explosions and fight scenes scattered through the origin story of the world’s first superhero. Who, by the way is at least half Canadian. Also, Henry Cavill, not Canadian, but that’s not what I want to hold against him;)